We urge everyone to take precautions and limit their exposure as much as possible. Stay safe, everyone–we want to see all of you when this is over.
Info Updated On July 7
• The Museum is open through October 31, everyday. Please plan on wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
•Biplane Rides and Lighthouse tours are flying, first come-first served on weekends, and by reservation (845-752-3200) on weekdays.
•Our Air Shows will return for the 2021 Season. This was a very difficult decision for us–we live to fly, entertain and educate, and we’ve not missed a season since we first started flying “demonstrations” in the early ’60s. We had to make the safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers a priority.
•No flying (except Biplane Rides) is scheduled, but you may very well see us in the air, especially on weekends, as we stay proficient and exercise the airplanes. Please see our requirements for visiting below.
•Without Air Revenue, this is a difficult year for us. Our Keep the Props Turning Campaign is helping bridge the gap. Please consider a donation to help us be ready for 2021.
Safety Guidelines for Rhinebeck Aerodrome Museum Visitors
The Rhinebeck Aerodrome Museum is following all CDC and NY State guidelines and requires that visitors observe the procedures for their and our safety:
- Face coverings are mandatory in all museum buildings including; History of Flight Museum and Gift Shop, Pioneer, World War I and Lindbergh Era Quonset Huts. Walkways in the Museum buildings are narrow and visitors are to limit the number of individuals in the building to ensure six foot social distancing. Six foot social distancing is required in all areas.
- Fill out and sign health screening questionnaire and receive temperature check.
- Visitors should utilize hand sanitizing and disinfecting products available at the entrance of the History of Flight Museum, Museum Buildings, and the covered bridge prior to entering the airfield.
- Please dispose of used PPE in designated receptacles.
- Follow the direction of signage.
- Refrain from touching artifacts on display.
- History of Flight Gift Shop is limited to seven individuals.
- Guided Museum Tours are limited to groups of ten and individuals from the same household or party.
- Aircraft and Automobile restoration facilities are closed to the public.
- Biplane rides are restricted to parties that have quarantined together. Social distancing is not possible in aircraft. A minimum of two passengers is required for a biplane ride.
- Biplane ride passengers will sanitize hands at the admissions booth prior to boarding aircraft.
- Helmet and goggles will not be provided. A limited supply is available for purchase.
- We are glad to see you! Please follow all posted traffic routes and CDC safety guidelines to keep everyone healthy!
We reserve the right to remove anyone not helping us by complying