- : 1931
The Indian Four evolved from the “Indian Ace”, a model that was produced for one year following the Indian company’s purchase of Ace Motor Corporation in 1927. The Four was designed by Arthur O. Lemon, the former Chief Engineer at Ace, who incorporated modifications such as trailing-link forks and quarter-elliptic leaf spring. Later the engine would receive a sturdier five-bearing crankshaft in place of the Ace’s three-bearing design.
This Indian 4 was donated to the Aerodrome by Paul Richards of Poughkeepsie, New York.