Thank you for your interest in donating items to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome Museum. We appreciate everyone who helps us to further our mission. Prior to offering your items to us there are several things you should know:
- We are 501 (c) (3) non-profit, with finite resources, and a limited ability to process potential donations.
- Donated items must be consistent with and relevant to the stated purpose, scope and activities of the Museum.
- We have limited and rudimentary storage facilities. We receive more offers of donations than we are able to accommodate, especially items such as books, models and model kits.
- You must have clear title to the items and must attest so in the donation agreement. In the case of a bequest, the donor must also have had clear title.
- Federal and State regulations and internal audit procedures can make it difficult accept items. We must inventory and track each item and have a value assigned to it.
- Federal Law prohibits RAM from providing identification services or appraisal values for items. Donors are responsible for value appraisal and must provide the method by which the value was determined. Donations are tax deductible within IRS guidelines. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
- All donations must be outright, unconditional, and irrevocable. We may or may not accession them into the Collection. We reserve the right to exhibit items, use them for educational purposes, sell or trade them to benefit the Museum, or dispose of them if necessary.
- Please do not bring items to the Aerodrome until requested. Our staff are not permitted to accept items until the full donation process is completed.