The Air Show and Events Manager is responsible for the organizational/production aspects of Aerodrome Air Shows and Events, airfield operations, and reports to the Director. He or she coordinates with the Chief Pilot and the Air Boss to assure safe, efficient, educational and entertaining air shows as well as staffing, staff scheduling, volunteer recruiting and coordination. Our manager oversees Gft Shop, Admissions and Biplane Rides Booths-including their financial operations, and other appropriate activities as approved and assigned by the Board. During the air show season (May-October) the position requires 24 hours per week. During the remainder of the year the position requires approximately 8 hours per week. Primary working days during the air show season are Friday through Monday with occasional evening hours during special events. Apply at indeed.
The Gift Shops are almost as exciting as the flightline. Looking for a retail pro to boost our sales in the shops and online. Apply at indeed.
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (Full-time/Seasonal)
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, evaluate and plan for the comprehensive maintenance of various general aviation aircraft, both certified and experimental
- Perform aircraft inspections, servicing, troubleshooting, and repair of general aviation aircraft.
- Assemble and disassemble various components of aircraft during repairs and maintenance.
- Test aircraft operations to identify malfunctions.
- Ensure compliance with FAA, manufacture and museum standards.
- Resolve complex technical problems and troubleshoot unusual repairs.
- Perform compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of aircraft records as required by regulatory, manufacturers and museum policy.
- Perform stewardship and maintain authenticity of museum artifacts.
- High School Diploma
- Experience working on small engines, complex machines
- FAA drug surveillance program required
- Valid automobile driver’s license
- Be fluent in English
- Must have own tools
- Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds and access all areas of aircraft
- Hold a FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Prior experience working in an aircraft repair facility
- Experience with Aircraft Woodworking
- Experience with Gas & TIG Welding
Salary Range: $17-22 per hour DOE
Please click the link below if you would like information about volunteering!
The Rhinebeck Aerodrome Museum/Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome is a 501 c 3 nonprofit Museum chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.