Willys Overland Opera Coupe
- : 1916
Starting as a salesman for the Detroit Auto Vehicle Company, John N. Willys met with great success. The Overland Company of Indianapolis was on the brink of bankruptcy when Willys was called in to rescue it. Shortly thereafter the company became known as the Willys Overland Company of Toledo, Ohio.
Later in his career Willys went on to built the popular Army Jeep used extensively during the Second World War.
This particular car served as the Aerodrome’s first ticket booth at our main entrance in the early 1960s.